The Board of Directors is the legally responsible entity for the enterprise. The Board holds the public trust and is the source of governance and policy. Board members are expected to be active, participatory, welcoming brand ambassadors who invest time, talent and treasure in and on behalf of the organization. AF Austin Board member expectations include:
· Be a member in good standing with Alliance Française d’Austin
· Support AFA’s purpose, mission, goals, programs & Board decisions
· Complete AFA’s Conflict of Interest Policy document
· Give or get a minimum gift of $300 to/for AFA each calendar year
· Serve actively on at least one Board Committee
· Serve as a Brand Ambassador, express enthusiasm for the organization, and invite people to learn about AFA.
· Participate financially in all Organization fundraising endeavors
· Attend a minimum of four Board meetings annually and attend a majority of committee meetings .
The AFA Board of Directors is composed of not fewer than seven (7) or more than thirteen (13) members. The actual number of directors shall be set from time to time by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors shall approve all prospective directors as submitted by a nominating committee and shall submit a slate of candidates for individual approval by the voting membership at the annual meeting. Each Director elected shall begin his/her term on January 1st of the year following the meeting at which the election took place and shall end his/her term on December 31st of the year after the Director’s term began (2-year term).
Application period for 2020-2021 Board of Director positions may be submitted October 18, 2019, through November 15, 2019.
Applications received aftern November 15th, 2019 will not be considered.